Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The moon, sugarcane, an orange and a red hibiscus.

I took these photos Friday evening. They began harvesting the sugarcane on October 1, so I'm taking as many photos as possible. :D  Harvest/Grinding Season usually goes through Christmas (sometimes they finish in early January). I will try and take pictures of the farmers harvesting the cane and the sugarcane fields when they are on fire. It's a beautiful sight to see. Our red hibiscus is gorgeous, right now and our oranges, satsumas and lemons are coming along beautifully.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is the wooded area I came through to get to the headland.  :) My property begins with the wooded area. My cousins's family owns the sugarcane fields in the front, side and back of my property, so I am free to come and go as I please. :) I love sitting near the fields and looking at the night sky.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love your photos. We have a red hibiscus that is blooming like mad in the back yard despite the colder temps. I look forward to the burning of the cane. That should make for some great night pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. :) That's so cool about your red hibiscus blooming in the colder weather. They're such beautiful flowers.

    I'm looking forward to the burning of the cane. I usually sit on my front porch with a nice cup of coffee and watch. I hope I can take some decent pics. :) I'm also going to take pictures of my Halloween decorations. Such a fun time of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Happy New Year's Eve!     Picture found on vk,com.