- 4 Whole Butternut Squash
- 2 Cup Brown
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 4 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 2 to 4 Cup Heavy Cream OR 1 cup goat cheese and 3 cup vegetable stock
- 2 Cup Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Take the squash and cut them in half and seed them. Rub them on the inside with the sugar and then roast them cut side down till tender about 35 to 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and slightly and then scoop the pulp out into a stainless bowl or terrine.
- Add the spices and with a hand burr mixer puree and add some or all the vegetable stock till it is smooth. Place in a non reactive pot and place on the stove and heat slowly.
- When hot enough add salt and and then you can add the cream or the goat cheese and more stock. If you do not want dairy it is ok. Just use more stock if needed.
- At serving time place in a bowl or soup terrine and top with the toasted pumpkin seeds.
ow to Serve
Yields 12 cups.