Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Goodbye Guiding Light.

R.I.P. Guiding Light (1937-2009)

Papa Bauer and Charita "Bert" Bauer
There is a destiny
that makes us brothers
None goes his way alone
All that we send
into the lives of others
Comes back into our own



The light will go out on September 18, 2009. Guiding Light is the longest running serial drama(it's 72 years old) and it will always have a special place in my heart.


I love this quote: "For me, the Guiding Light was always a porch light, just outside the Bauer’s kitchen. Outside, a bad moon may be rising, forces gathering to do you harm, foes behind bushes...Outside, friends may be treacherous, lovers untrue... But if you ran like hell, and made it to the porch, and banged through that screen door, inside there would be warmth and light and the smell of good things cooking. The Guiding Light was about love and home truths and compassion prevailing. For me, anyway, that’s what it was all about."
-Nancy Curlee Former GL HeadwriterApril 2009
Ms. Curlee sums up my feelings perfectly.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy New Year's Eve!     Picture found on vk,com.