Decadent orange chocolate truffles – they are dangerously good!
Recipe type: Candy
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups high quality semi-sweet chocolate, chips or chopped
- ¾ teaspoon orange extract
- 1 – 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Do not boil! Add the unsalted butter, stir until melted. Add the semi-sweet chocolate and stir until mixture is smooth and glossy. Remove from heat and whisk in orange extract. Pour mixture into a large, shallow bowl. Let cool, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once mixture is properly chilled, it is time to roll! Place pecan pieces in a bowl. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop or melon baller, scrape the chocolate mixture until you get a one inch ball. Roll each ball into the pecan pieces until coated. Place on baking sheet. Repeat until all of the chocolate mixture has been used.
Lightly adapted from Ghirardelli